Friday, February 13, 2015

30 Positive Things to Tell Yourself When You Look in the Mirror

So often when we look in the mirror, our first instinct is to jump to what we don't like about ourselves. Thoughts of how fat we look, how ugly our face is, how bad our outfit looks, etc. seem to be the first ones that come to mind. Just think of how negatively affected our whole day is when its starts out with such negative messages!

Instead of these negative thoughts, here are 30 ideas of positive things you can say to yourself when you look in the mirror.

  1. I look beautiful!
  2. My legs look great in these pants/skirt/dress/whatever
  3. My face is glowing
  4. My legs are so strong
  5. My smile is radiant
  6. My eyes bright and beautiful
  7. I am worth so much
  8. I am confident, capable, and amazing!
  9. I am happy in my own skin
  10. I fully approve of who I am
  11. I see perfection in all of my flaws
  12. My body is so good to me! Thank you body!
  13. My stomach is so lovely and feminine
  14. My body is a temple, I want to treat it with love and respect
  15. It is perfectly okay for me to like myself
  16. Hating myself is not my identity
  17. My arms look strong and amazing in this outfit!
  18. my face is beautiful with tons of makeup, and equally beautiful with no makeup at all
  19. I am stronger than my urges to hate myself
  20. I am stronger than my urges to hurt myself
  21. My life doesn't start when I look a certain way, my life is now
  22. My body is a vessel for my amazingness
  23. My body can do so many amazing things for me
  24. Belly, thank you for holding my organs and keeping them safe
  25. Thighs, thank you for carrying me
  26. Face, thank you for shining my soul out on the world
  27. My nose allows me to smell. It is perfect!
  28. Even if I don't see how beautiful I am right now, so many other people do. That counts for something!
  29. I am perfect inside and out!
  30. Thank you body for always loving me! I love you too!

When you go to say these things, good chance is that at first you won't believe them. They will sound foreign and strange coming out of your mouth, and it may even make you very angry and upset trying to say them. The part inside of you that hates yourself may fight vehemently for you not to say these things at all. That's okay. Keep saying them. Say them even when it hurts and sucks and makes you so upset. Eventually it will get easier. Eventually, little by little, you will come to believe the words you are saying, until the negative words are the ones that are foreign and upsetting. Eventually, with work and persistence, self-love will come naturally to you, and will be your first instinct. 

If that doesn't sounds exciting, I don't know what does.

Thanks for reading lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment