Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks

This Thanksgiving I think it is important to look back over the past year. It has been a truly incredible year full of many ups and downs, and I have so much to be thankful for. It is so easy to get caught up in our own lives and forget to thank the people that we love and care about. So I want to take a few minutes today to recognize all the people who mean so much to me and have given me so much over this past year.



  • My Parents, who have stuck with me through everything, eating disorders, hospitals, fights, and all sorts of goodness and bad. Who have loved me no matter what, no matter what I have done to not deserve it. Who believed in me enough to allow me to go across the country for school, and continue to believe in me and support me in everything I do.
  • My Siblings, who love me no matter what, and are always there for. I am so thankful for all of the fun and amazing times we have together, and that even when I don't see all of you for months, we can come back together and be as close and loving and playful as ever. 
  • My friends from home, You have been with me through some pretty rough and horrible times, and even when I gave up on myself, you guys didn't give up on me. You saw the light in me, and kept me going. I am forever grateful to you. I know that we are going to be friends for life, and even though we don't see each other as often as we used to, every moment we spend together is amazing. We have so much fun, I love you guys. 
  • My new friends! We have not known each other for all that long, but you guys already have a place in my heart! You make me smile and laugh, and are there to hold me when I cry and have mental breakdowns. I can't wait to see where are friendships progress over the next few years. Thanks so much for coming into my life
  • My new relationship. I am so so so happy and blessed to have you in my life. These past few months have been incredible, and I love every moment I get to spend with you. I am thankful for all of our jokes, how similar we are, and all of the moments we get to share. I can't wait to spend more time with you, and see where the future takes us.
  • My School. The past few months I have spent at school have been so amazing. I love the school, and Boston. That city is very quickly becoming home. I have grown so much since coming here, and I am so thankful to be here, and to be at this place in my life.
  • My recovery. I am so blessed with how far I have come in my recovery this year. Looking back at this time last year, I feel like a completely different person. I feel stronger, healthier, happier, and overall, a million times better than I have felt in years. I am so thankful and proud of all the work Ive done, and everything Ive accomplished. I can't wait to see what the next year brings me.
These are the main things, obviously there are a million more things that I am so thankful for, and that have brought me so much joy and love over the past year. I am truly, truly blessed, and even though sometimes it is hard to remember that, it is so important to give thanks and praise for how lucky I am!

What are you thankful for this thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment